• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Custom Ribbon - How to insert section titles for menus

davideff

Im running 2016 Standalone Excel (32bit version). I've been building a custom ribbon and so far so good. The documentation is pretty fluid and well written. However, I cant find any way to include menu 'section titles' as seen below:
2ninqyv.jpg

Furthermore, with my version of Excel, Menu with titles doesn't work. Regardless if they are wrapped in a parent menu as in the documentation. Additionally, I can't get a 'dialogBoxLauncher' to appear in any groups either. Is this documentation outdated? I know, lots of questions, but the main one I would like answered is if any knows how to insert section titles like in the picture (i.e., 'Cell size', 'Visibility' etc). I've seen other add-ins emulate this.

Here is the documentation I reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd911038(v=office.12).aspx

I also tried using a 'labelControl' just to see if it would work, and that wasn't the answer. Just stating things I've tried

Code:
 <labelControl id="label" label="Label Control" />

Back