• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dashboard for room rental

minesh

Hi All,

Can Please from the group help with the attached excel file . The excel sheet attached is for room rental. It will be of great help if any member can help with following calculation in dashboard

1. Customer with long stay during the month
  2. Amount collected from long stay customer during the month
  3. Country of person with long stay during the month
  4. Occupancy rate during the month
  5. Amount collected from other revenue apart from room revenue
It would be great help if the excel sheet contains form control

Thanks in advance

Regards
Minesh

Attachments

• Room Rental Dashboard.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 13
minesh
1) You would explain Your terms like: 'long stay' - Is it two weeks or more?
and other terms too.
2) Is there always only one customer per country.
3) You should add sample (even manually solved) result
from that (not so massive) data.

minesh
1) You would explain Your terms like: 'long stay' - Is it two weeks or more?
and other terms too.
2) Is there always only one customer per country.
3) You should add sample (even manually solved) result
from that (not so massive) data.

Thanks for the reply,

Basically, it is a penthouse which is rented out depending upon how long they wish to stay. The Basic purpose of the dashboard is to generate report for a given month to see what was occupancy rate during the month, who stayed for maximum days during that month, the customer name and his nationality. It should be kind of analysis for the month. There

I hope i have answered your point of view

Hi,

Please see attached file

Regards

Thanks for the spreadsheet workings. My area for concern is following
  1. monthly occupancy rate should be for that particular month rather than for that particular customer ( eg: january, february so on)
  2. There should be extra column in calculation sheet for Net total revenue collected for that month.which i forgot to mention in the example data i sent you.
  3. Should i change the month as 2 instead of 1 i.e February it should give same calculation for February.
Thanks once again for your workings it was really helpful. If you can help me the above points it will be more helpful

Regards
Minesh

Thanks for the spreadsheet workings. My area for concern is following
  1. monthly occupancy rate should be for that particular month rather than for that particular customer ( eg: january, february so on)
  2. There should be extra column in calculation sheet for Net total revenue collected for that month.which i forgot to mention in the example data i sent you.
  3. Should i change the month as 2 instead of 1 i.e February it should give same calculation for February.
Thanks once again for your workings it was really helpful. If you can help me the above points it will be more helpful

Regards
Minesh

Q 1 : monthly occupancy rate should be for that particular month rather than for that particular customer ( eg: january, february so on)

Ans. 1 : Revised in "Calculation Sheet" G2

Q 2 : There should be extra column in calculation sheet for Net total revenue collected for that month. which i forgot to mention in the example data I sent you.

Ans. 2 : Added in "Calculation Sheet" H1:H2

Q 3 : Should I change the month as 2 instead of 1 i.e. February it should give same calculation for February.

Ans. 3 :
3.1 Added a Combo Box in "Data sheet" A1:B1, try to change the month by select from the dropdown list.

3.2 "Calculation Sheet" A2 has linked to the dropdown list and all related calculation will be changed in accordingly.

Regards

Attachments

• Room Rental Dashboard(1).xlsx
    16.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Q 1 : monthly occupancy rate should be for that particular month rather than for that particular customer ( eg: january, february so on)

Ans. 1 : Revised in G2

Q 2 : There should be extra column in calculation sheet for Net total revenue collected for that month. which i forgot to mention in the example data I sent you.

Ans. 2 : Added in H1:H2

Q 3 : Should I change the month as 2 instead of 1 i.e. February it should give same calculation for February.

Ans. 3 :
3.1 Added Combo Box in "Data sheet" A1:B1, try to change the month by select from the dropdown list.

3.2 "Calculation Sheet" A2 has linked to the dropdown list and calculation will be changed in accordingly.

Regards

Thanks a lot for your time and effort.

Regards
Minesh

Back