• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Data Validation - Dependent values

Thomas Kuriakose

Dear Sir,

We have a form which needs to be populated by users. The cells D10, D12 and D14 need data validation and D12 values are dependent on D10 value and D14 values are dependent on D12 values.

I tried naming the range and used the offset and substitute function, but it seems I am missing some parameter here.

Kindly help in correcting this for the cells highlighted in yellow.

We also need a message to user if any cell from D10 to D14 is empty and error props up and the user has to enter a value before proceeding.

Thank you so much,

with regards,
thomas

Attachments

• Request Form.xlsm
    26.2 KB · Views: 4
Dear Sir,

I checked this, and prepared the sheet, but I don't understand where I am going wrong.

I named the ranges, I used offset and substitute function, but could not figure out why the values are not correct.

Thank you so much,

with regard,
thomas

Dear Sirs,

Thank you so much for all the links provided.

I tried to figure out the issue, but failed repeatedly.

I don't know how to get this.

Thank you so much,

with regards,
thomas

Respected Sir,

Thank you so much for the solution provided.

But, I am not at all happy with myself, how I could not figure out the issue even after reading the links and following the process.

I think, I made a mistake in the offset and substitute function.

Thanks so much once again.

with regards,
thomas

Dear Sir,

No issues Sir,

I would need your help in understanding why my sheet could not get he result based on contextures method.

Thank you so much,

with regards,
thomas

Dear Sir,

No issues Sir,

I would need your help in understanding why my sheet could not get he result based on contextures method.

Thank you so much,

with regards,
thomas

The issue is with ur named range! compare what narayan posted or what shown on links.

Back