• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Data Validation on multiple conditions

nadjalil

Good morning all
i have to validated data based on Month selected in Column A of a sheet "DATA" in Column B and conditional range is on Sheet List so, if A1 is January B1 should display only dates belongs to January if its March than Dates only for March and so on i did validate this upto July but after 7 conditions in IF it's not working.
May i request for your help to fix it or advise an alternative way.

thanks for your kind help.
B Regards

Attachments

• Data Validation on Multiple Conditions.xlsx
    13.3 KB · Views: 0
Dear Narayan Sir
thank you very much for your help, it's really working fine but could you be so kind to explain me what exactly you have done in my file, i just notice that you made some changed to my sheet List and you put only =INDIRECT() in Data file with the cell reference. but other than that i could not manage to understand your great matrix....

thank you very much for your help.

God Bless you

Hi ,

Nothing much ; I have created 12 named ranges January , February , March ,..., November , December. You can see them using the Name Manager.

Because INDIRECT does not work with dynamic ranges , they have all been defined using static addresses ; this is not a problem since only February is going to change in a leap year ; next year , you will have to increase the range of February by one cell to accommodate 29-Feb-2016.

Depending on your month selection in column A , the DV dropdown in column B is the corresponding range e.g. selecting September makes the DV dropdown the named range September.

Narayan

Back