• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Disable Enable check box based on selection and scoring

Thomas Kuriakose

Dear Sirs,

We have an objective questionnaire for service quality consisting of ten questions. The users have to choose one suitable option from the selections. On selecting the option in the check box, the other check boxes should be disabled.

The selected values should be summarized for the user to arrive at the score pattern.

We have two options in excel and in word. Kindly help in getting this solution and also suggest which is the better option excel or word.

Thank you so much,

with regards,
thomas

Attachments

• Objective Questions.docx
    14.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Objective Questions.xlsx
    14.6 KB · Views: 1
Talking about XL:
Instead of using Checkboxes, which allow multiple selections, you'll want to use option buttons. OB's are designed to allow only 1 choice out of the group. For each set of questions answers, you'll then put a Group box around the choices.
upload_2015-5-26_13-19-14.png

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for this option provided. I will adapt this accordingly. Kindly help for the summary for a user for the 10 questions based on the selected option buttons.

Thanks a ton once again for the support on this.

with regards,
thomas

Hi Thomas,

Not sure what you are asking, but here's your previous file with the option buttons. Note that the group boxes are currently visible, but you can hide them for cosmetic reasons by running this short macro
Code:
Sub HideBoxes()
ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes.Visible = False
End Sub

I then took it a step further and linked the buttons to some cells and setup some formulas, in case you wanted to do something with info.

Attachments

• Option Buttons.xlsx
    17.8 KB · Views: 1
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for the solution provided. Truly you are a gem. I am really happy and proud to be associated to this forum.

Thanks once again.

with regards,
thomas

Back