• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Drop down list that you can add comments

bnpdkh

I was wondering if there is a way to have a list attached to a cell that has a couple of drop down items that can be selected but would also allow you to enter comments if the drop down items did not apply. For example, when you selected the drop down "Task review complete, no issues" would be one of the choices but you could also enter text in cell if this selection did not apply.

I believe you can accomplish this task by using data validation. You can set up a set of drop down options to choose from, and also include a blank cell for comments. Please let me know if this works for you. Thanks, V/R, Tony

This is exactly what I am looking for, any detail on how to set this up, I am not that familiar with userforms. Very helpful

Hi,

For userform
1. press Alt+F11

2. Insert userform

3. insert items ( in this case combo box)

4. Select the combo box >go to properties

5. In Rowsource provide the source of drop down list ( I have used a named range for the same)

6. To enable random entry Select Auto word Select "true" & Match Required "False" else do the vice versa

Let me know if you have any further queries

Use the attached doc if you have any

Attachments

• fsuserforms.pdf
    444.5 KB · Views: 155
Back