• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dynamically filter based on the value selected in another worksheet

KenVRS256

Is it possible to have a range of data dynamically filtered based on the value selected from a dropdown list in another worksheet, within the same workbook? Can this be done with out a VB script?

ken

firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

I prefer to use a non-vba technique I documented in my 2nd post here:
http://chandoo.org/wp/2010/02/02/da...lumn-with-duplicate-entries-as-a-source-list/

Thanks, Hui, for your prompt response. However, this isn't on point with the challenge I'm having. I'm trying to sort data on multiple worksheets using the same data element from a single worksheet. Each of the single tables on my nine data worksheets has a unique set of information, but they all have one element in common - they all have a column in their respective tables that has the "Project" identifier associated with each row of data. What I'd like to do is set the "Project" identifier on one worksheet as the filtering criteria, and have it flow to all the other worksheets and be the filter that's applied to the tables. I'd love to find a non-VBA approach to getting this done, but I've got a sense that I'm going to be driven in that direction. Thoughts? I really appreciate your assistance.

Hi
Not sure if I understood you right but If you feel that the data can be converted to pivot tables then you can use the slicer function for the "Project" identifier and drop down on 1 sheet and it will automatically do for all the rest connected to that slicer.

Hi
Not sure if I understood you right but If you feel that the data can be converted to pivot tables then you can use the slicer function for the "Project" identifier and drop down on 1 sheet and it will automatically do for all the rest connected to that slicer.
The data is in Excel-formatted tables, not pivot tables. And I wish I could use a "slicer", but unfortunately, my company is still on Excel 2007. I hear that we're moving to 2013, but not in the near future (maybe next year...).

Back