• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Embedded Password Protected Spreadsheet Problem

stormygirl

Hi I have embedded an excel password protected spreadsheet into a word doc but the password doesn't work when you try to open the excel spreadsheet. It doesn't prompt at all. Pls help!

Dear Stormygirl, Plz check. The two mostly used protection levels in Excel are Worksheet Protection and Workbook Protection. Sometimes these two terms mean the same but actually differs from each other.

Dear Stormygirl, Plz check. The two mostly used protection levels in Excel are Worksheet Protection and Workbook Protection. Sometimes these two terms mean the same but actually differs from each other.

Hi

It's nothing to do with the worksheet or workbook protection, the password is set at file level when the file is saved. When I embed the file into a Word document and I double click the embedded object, I want to be prompted to enter the password as I would normally be prompted if I opened the file in Excel. Can this be done? Thank you.

Back