• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel tool that will highlight selected cells of results of CTL+Find

I don't know VBA or macro. I want excel tool that will highlight selected cells of results of CTL+Find. Please find attached the sampled file. Currently we have to manually highlight the searched cell value in excel. This is time consuming if we have to search more cell value in excel.

Attachments

• Sample file.docx
    84.6 KB · Views: 4
hello
You can use Find n Replace , change format. it not only helps to change font and also you can change lot of other formats too. VBA not required i guess.
See attached Image.
Hope i am clear,

Attachments

• Search.jpg
    Search.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 10
Hi I would like to add an query again for the subject mentioned query:

Find and replace is useful but if I am doing search of files by last 5 digits of Loan A/c no, then I cannot replace the same with the required format. I have to type the complete Loan A/c no.

Is there any other method apart from Find and Replace by which I can highlight selected cells of results of CTL+Find as I am typing only last 5 digits of Loan A/c no in CTL + Find search field.

Hi Kumar,

If your requirement is only to highlight the partial match text, you can use the conditional formatting.

Instead of Find & Replace, you just need to enter values in cell C2, and the matching cells in column A will get highlighted. See the attached.

Note: this only work for the value exists in C2, cells will revert to default if you change the value in C2.

Regards,

Attachments

• Conditional formatting Kumar.xlsx
    50.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi Thanks for replying on priority. but the previous highlighted cell for eg 98409 goes off when we enter new value in C2. I wanted to retain highlighting of all the searched values.

Hi Kumar,

Yes as I said, previously highlighted values will go off if you enter new value.

You may need vba if you want to retain previous values. Wait for someone to offer an alternate or a vba based solution.

Regards,

Hi:

Find the attached.

Enter the search in C2 and enter it will highlight the cells , on clicking reset button the cells will be defaulted to the original format.

Thanks

Attachments

• Dummydata.xlsm
    27.1 KB · Views: 6
Hi I copy pasted the VBA code in original file. I am getting an error. Loan A/c no were in B column. I changed value of A2:A to B2:B in VBA code

Attachments

• Compile error.docx
    66.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi:

Notice how I have used "ME" in my code this will work only if you are writing the code on the VBA editor of the sheet itself. You can do either of the two to get this fixed.
1. Right click on the tab name where you have your loan account data and select view code and paste the code there or
2. Replace "ME" with the sheet name (name of the tab) or sheet index.

Thanks

Hi Nebu I am facing a little issue in the code. For eg, IF my search is 27155 in C1, LAN no is Column B highlighted but it does not go to row no 141. Also I have an additional Requirement that value in Repayment mode column should be highlighted For Eg NDCC should also be highlighted. File attached once again for your reference.

Attachments

• RCU Data 30-4-2016.xlsm
    277.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi Nebu Sorry for disturbing you again on this.

I found that when I search for 42217 in C1, It goes to Column B of 240th Row. This is because L2WKOL04221757 contains 42217 but I want the search engine to restrict search only on last 5 digits of LAN A/c no L2WKOL04221757.

Attachments

• RCU Data 30-4-2016.xlsm
    277.5 KB · Views: 3
Back