• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Find date based on more conditions

Villalobos

Hello,

I would need a small help to find a date. In my sample file (the original file contains more thousand rows) I want to find the first departure date when the remaining stock is turn to negative value regarding each unique part number.

I attached the expected result also.

Thanks for your advice!

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    11.2 KB · Views: 0
Hi ,

The significant point that has not been mentioned is whether the data is such that all the same part numbers are together or is the data dispersed so that the same part number can occur in cells which are widely separated locations.

If it is the former , then a simple IF statement can also work.

See the attached file.

Narayan

Attachments

• Sample1.xlsx
    10.5 KB · Views: 1
hello sir,

i had bit hanged up with your formula can i know how u selected C$2:C2 / have u written manually and can u pls explain it in detail why u selected in that way, i am very confused between the relative & absolute trick work.

Regards,
Jaya

Hi Jaya ,

You cannot select a range such as C$2:C2 ; you have to select the range C2 first , press the SHIFT key and press the : key so that Excel displays C2:C2.

At this stage , you can do two things :

1. Go ahead with entering the rest of the formula ; when the formula is completed , press F2 to go into EDIT mode , use the cursor keys to go to the appropriate places in the formula where you press F4 to get the $ sign in the right place.

2. Press F2 to go into EDIT mode , use the cursor keys to go to the appropriate place in the formula where you press F4 to get the $ sign in the right place , and thereafter continue entering the rest of the formula.

Narayan

hello sir,

Its not working i knew the 2 steps about editing but the thing is anywhich ways i need to write it manually na. and can u also explain the relative /absolute work trick

Back