• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Formula to get info from 2 columns in a plan and place in a schedule.

1001joec

I need to automate a schedule with a fixed format to retrieve information from a planner. I have a past due column and a week summary that I need to fill a past due column and break the week summary into daily buckets according to a given rate. I have figured out how to break up the quantity into the daily buckets if I know the total quantity but I can't figure out how to get the item or quantity from the plan to the schedule without having blank values or repeats. Attached is a sample plan with the way I want the schedule to look off to the right.

Attachments

• schedule example.xlsx
    10.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi

Your requirement is not clear.

I saw your file, could not understand what is expected output.

can you once again upload the file with cells updating manually what is required. And explain the logic.

regards,
Prasad DN

In the file the planner is on the left and the schedule is on the right with expected outputs entered manually in the schedule. I want the schedule to find past due quantities in the past due column from the planner and enter them without spaces in the past due column on the schedule. Then I want the quantities from the 10/27/2014 column in the planner to populate the schedule according to the rate given in the planner across a 5-day work week. Lastly, I want the item column in the schedule filled in according to the corresponding values from the planner.

Back