• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Get Rid of Zero from Pie diagram

Saru

We have pie charts in a many tab workbook. The data in the charts (that is. the source of the chart's data) vary depending upon entries in other tabs. Usually we get a really nice pie chart with slices of different colors for various options and a label by each slice to tell the percent of the whole that it represents.

My problem is that sometimes, some of the results are a zero. In the pie graphic, that is not an issue and there just is no slice for that component.

BUT, this still generates a label showing 0%. Which appears to relate to nothing.

Is there any way to have any labels with a zero value not appear? Either not be generated to begin with, or be formatted so as not to be visible? I cannot find any settings anywhere in Excel that indicated that this is even possible, let alone tell how to do it. Of course we could deleted those labels when they are zero, but that would make the chart not work correctly the next time we use it.

We do not want to eliminate the zero value cell in the supporting "table." For a variety of reasons. (For starters, we want the client to see the table form of the data and we want the slices referring to each specific "variable" to always be the same color. I suspect other issues in formatting consistency would arise if we just removed a row of data.)

The chart is part of a financial planning workbook, with a lot of raw data entered about the person in an INPUT tab, and then all sorts of analyses and recommendations in additional tabs based upon the INPUT tab.

The point is that we would look to use the spreadsheet over and over again and would prefer not to have to manually format any part of the pie chart to cater to specific data input.

In short, we are looking to get ride of 0% that is on the pie chart in excel and not in macro codes. I tried custom option under format data label by changing the font but that shows you the border of the label and due to over lap with the other labels, it seems to be messy. so i want to figure out a way wherein we pie chart itself doesnt show me if the pie data has 0%

Can you please help me with it?

POST MOVED BY MOD

Last edited by a moderator:
Back