1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help Me, I'm Confused......

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by salgal8, Jul 17, 2013.

1. salgal8

salgal8 New Member

Ahhh, I like the service dates, however I didn't see "dd/mm/yyyy" only "mm/dd". Or I'm not getting it?
  2. bobhc

bobhc Excel Ninja

Good day salgal8

Your email is already published in your profile.

If you follow this link http://gravatar.com/ you will find out how to upload a picture and set it as your avatar.

Have you played around with the formula as SirJB7 suggested, have you changed the "mm/dd" to "mm/dd/yyyy"?.....suggest you make a copy of the real file and use/change/digest/alter/modify/screw up/cry/drink coffee/kick the computer/blaspheme Microsoft in the copy so you do not totally screw up your true data.
  3. SirJB7

SirJB7 Excel Rōnin

Hi, salgal8!

So you're like b(ut)ob(ut)hc who was first called "old dog" and then after a short time here become "old dog new tricked", you're both "viejos" (old people, aka ancients or elderly), not like me that I'm just a kid whose arrival in this world was celebrated with the Mercedes Benz W110 announcement. :)

I'm wondering if I should order two sticks instead of one...

Regarding file upload this site doesn't provide such features so you'd proceed as you should have read in the green sticky posts, which I discard you've gone thru, am I wrong? Of course you could post your email here but be aware that it'd be publicly available, malhereusement there's neither a private message system feature.

BTW it's a nice gesture asking if you could give out your email address, I appreciate, sometimes we're asked to post ours and it sounds rude having to say no, here's my policy, I hope you'll understand:

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/locking-the-cell-automaticall-once-the-date-passed#post-21903

And about the date formats I wasn't sure if in my original file I formatted them as my default regional configuration settings dd/mm/yyyy (everywhere except in the 15 cell groups) but I explicitly formatted them as your (supposed) mm/dd/yyyy format. And for the 15s I used a format like "mm/dd Xh", where X is the no. of hours taken.

Regards!

PS: BTW, I'm now intrigued about that picture... isn't it a daguerreotype, is it?
  4. bobhc

bobhc Excel Ninja

Good day my old friend

"not like me that I'm just a kid whose arrival in this world" ..........but you seem to forget that I have see the photograph of your good self.......but fear not I will not publish.....to many forum members may have weak stomachs.
  5. SirJB7

SirJB7 Excel Rōnin

@b(ut)ob(ut)hc

Hi, old dog... new fully tricked!

Good afternoon, my friend.

It's in the profile but only available for Ninjas, so salgal8 asked that because she didn't see other people mails, I think.

And maybe my non-native English is playing on me again, I tried to mean that I changed the date format from my system default to a forced US mm/dd/yyyy.

Regards!

PS: Did you noticed that salgal8 didn't acknowledge (just to don't say she deliberately ignored) your subliminal message regarding god's beverage aka Carlsberg?

EDITED

PS2: I'm just a schoolboy, not just the dean of the teachers like you :)
  6. bobhc

bobhc Excel Ninja

My friend SirJB7 has now idea what he has done with "I'm just a schoolboy, not just the dean of the teachers like you :)".... I am still laughing and it is interfering with my malt consumption.

I should have explained further to salgal8 that the email was available to you (Top level Ninja) via her profile.

I still think salgal8 should follow your recommendation and play around with the formula, .........but in a new copy of original.
  7. SirJB7

SirJB7 Excel Rōnin

@b(ut)ob(ut)hc

Hi!

Remember the old Chinese or Arab quote (almost all are theirs, aren't?), if you drink don't drive, you may spill your drink. Applicable to excessive laugh too.

Regards!

PS: It seems as if nobody of you two deepened on the Mercedes Benz W110. I gave you the clue...
  8. bobhc

bobhc Excel Ninja

@SirJB7

Hello.....but I am to chivalrous to mention the age or publish the pictures :).....but I did like to music of the sixties.