• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help on Macro for matching data between two sheets

rtyagis

I wanted to put "Matched" in front of a cheque no, if the same cheque number is on another sheet.

e.g. Sheet 1 (tab 1) - we have following data:
Cheque No

And on Sheet 2 (tab 2)
Cheque No Matched
23 Matched
24 Matched

Please helped me to create a macro for this.

Thanks,
RT

Yo do not need a macro for this pls find the attached.

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    8.8 KB · Views: 4
Thanks Nebu for all your help!

This worked perfectly. But the problem is that this activity is going to happen everyday and by a third party, so a macro will be good. Please can you provide me a macro.

Thanks,
RT

There is small change in requirement:

First Match the Cheque No and if the cheque number is matched then copy the Word "Reconciled" column into the sheet 2

e.g. Sheet 1 (tab 1) - we have following data:
Cheque No Reconciled
23 Reconciled
24 Reconciled
And on Sheet 2 (tab 2)
Cheque No Reconciled
23 Reconciled
24 Reconciled

Thanks Again
RT

Hi Nebu,

Thanks, But somehow your macro is not working. Is it possible to add this function on normal MS Excel function like your previous example.

Thanks again,
RT

My apologies I was not very clear on my requirement so posting a sample file and query again -

In Manual Cheque Sheet Check 'Cheque Number' and 'Status'= "Reconciled"
Then go to "Input Manual Cheque", match the cheque no and put Reconciled in front of that, If the status is any other e.g. Unpaid, don't do any thing.

Thanks,
RT

Attachments

• Sample-File.xls
    20 KB · Views: 4
Hi:

Please find the attached if you click on Reconcile button it will put the results in column C and the file is saved as a macro enabled workbook in excel 2010.

Thanks

Attachments

• Sample-File.xlsm
    21.7 KB · Views: 4
@Nebu

Thanks for the Sample File. But currently it's showing every row as reconciled but that is not the case. See the attached file. The "Yellow" coloured were not reconciled and should not be shown as Reconciled.

Thanks,
RT

Attachments

• Sample-File.xlsm
    19.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi Rtyagis,

Please see Attached sheet. I have created two button. click each and see which you have requirement.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Attachments

• Sample-File.xlsm
    19.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi
I have made necessary changes, The code basically copies the status from sheet 1 to sheet2...

Attachments

• Sample-File.xlsm
    22.9 KB · Views: 10
Back