• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help required: Need to add empty space between 2 column graph for quarter in Pivot Charts Excel 2016

Kruthika

I have created Pivot table and chart from the excel data. i want to compare a category based on quarters and hence i want to add space between the categories. The two column graphs each for two quarter and for same category need to be placed closed and then some extra space after which the two column graphs for different category needs to be placed.

I could add empty rows in the Pivot table after each category but how ever this did not reflect in Charts. please advise.

Did you try clustered column chart?
Hi Chandu,

Thanks for the response.
I have tried the clustered but i havent got the required output. Please see attached for sample data and the required format for graph

Attachments

• Example - Clustered column chart.xlsx
    52 KB · Views: 9
You mean you want 100% stacked column chart?

It isn't clear how data in sheet2 is related to sheet1.

Attachments

52.8 KB · Views: 1
Inserting blank rows has worked for me. To top it, I have decreased the 'Gap Width' in bar graphs to 30%. See the revised sample...

Attachments

57.1 KB · Views: 9
You mean you want 100% stacked column chart?

It isn't clear how data in sheet2 is related to sheet1.
Sheet1 is prepared by me as my understanding of the problem; In response, sheet2 is prepared by the original poster to demonstrate her real problem; I have later modified sheet2...

If you check out the different files uploaded, you will know :)

Chandu,

Sorry that i should have mentioned my chart is Pivot chart and the data i had given in the excel is just the sample data.

If the data is just the same way and empty rows are inserted after each item then the spacing is achievable in the normal chart (not pivot chart) but the issue is spacing makes no difference to Pivot table.

Correction in the first sentence:

Sorry that i should have mentioned my table is Pivot table and the data i had given in the excel is the Pivot table that i get from the data in excel.

Sheet 3 has the sample data i have and then i have derived a Pivot table and chart from it. However thought the empty rows are added to Pivot table it did not make any difference in gaps between the bars in Pivot Chart

Attachments

• Example - Clustered column chart (2).xlsx
    70.3 KB · Views: 5
See attached. You see how blank row is inserted in source table and how it shows up in PivotChart?

Personally, I'd not recommend it, but this is only way to add spacing.

Attachments

• Example - Clustered column chart (2) (1).xlsx
    70.5 KB · Views: 36
Yes that is the only way of doing it but in my case i have many graphs generated in the same sheet and modifying the data by adding blank spaces for each chart would be time consuming.

Back