• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help with updating this expense tracker!

BFree

I have fixed the error and updated it for 2014-16

Although this looks great, behind the scenes it is not setup very flexibly with many many hard coded dates

This means that it lacks flexibility

I don't propose on maintaining this and so you should contact the original author for further support

The author's contact details are on the Index Page

Attachments

• personal-expense-tracker-6.xlsx
    426.7 KB · Views: 9
Thanks, Hui! I see what you mean by not being very flexible in terms of a long-term option.. I have one more quick question though. What controls the output of C5 and C9 in the Reports section? I see that they change based on the table options but I'm having a hard time understanding how they are input.

Thanks again!

The value in cell C5 of the Report sheet is linked to the scroll bar above the line chart at the top of the dashboard. (Near cell AN27) The output in cell C5 corresponds to the position of the scroll bar, and it is automatically updated when the scroll bar is clicked.

The value is cell C9 of the Report sheet is linked to the "Total-Cash-Check" option buttons on the middle of the dashboard (Near cell AJ28) The output in cell C9 simply indicates which of these three options is selected.

If you right click on the control -- any one of the "Total-Cash-Check" options, for example, and select "Format Control" from the drop down menu, you'll see this link indicated on the Control Tab: C$9.

Perfect, thank you so much for the explanation of that. I knew where it narrowed down to, but not how it was controlled. Thanks!

Back