• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Highlight line series selected on a simple chart

P0lar

I have a line chart with around 75 line series on it. They all follow a similar trend but each line is different. My first 3 lines are the average and standard deviation for that point on the x-axis.

I have used worksheet.selectionchange and created a new series on the chart so that as I pick a column in the data, the new series changes to show that columns data in the chart as a bright coloured line.

I'd like to be able to just pick the series on the chart and this would change the highlight series, illuminating the whole of the selected line. Is this possible?

Typically you use a control outside the chart to allow selection of a particular series, which is then highlighted

Can you post a sample file?

@P0lar

This can be done if the chart is not embedded in the worksheet and is in "Chart Sheet" through Chart Events. Or by creating class module for chart events. Class module method will work with both "Chart Sheet(s)" and charts embedded in worksheets.

If interested in this approach, both methods are explained in detail in the link.

http://peltiertech.com/chart-events-microsoft-excel/

But often times, you'd find it difficult to select specific series when there are too many series present in the chart. For ease of control, I'd recommend to have control outside the chart as Hui suggested.

Back