• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How frequently are slicers used in the workplace?

DKN

Hi,

I'm taking an Excel class in school, and just learned a little about slicers. I wondered how often they are actually used in the workplace. Are they something I would run into frequently?

Thanks.

If you are using pivot tables to cruch your data then yes you will come across slicers a lot . Slicers basically help to control multiple pivot tables at the same time...

Hi ,

To add to what Nebu has posted , a very great advantage of slicers is that they do not have to be on the same tab as the pivot table ; thus , if you are into creating dashboards , they are an asset , since control of pivot tables can be handed over to the user without the user ever having to even know that they are dealing with pivot tables.

The simple fact is that once you start using them , you will fall in love with them , and you will wonder how you were managing without them !

Narayan

They aren't used much...primarily because few people realize how powerful they are when it comes to syncing pivots. They should be used much, much more.

Embrace them, my friend. They are the future.

I wrote something on them at http://dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2014/08/16/sync-pivots-from-dropdown/

That article also had some VBA code that adds a button to your right-click menu that makes it much easier to set slicers up on multiple pivots. I use it all the time, and I'll be covering this and much more about slicers in my upcoming book:
Excel for Superheroes & Evil Geniuses
upload_2014-11-27_10-3-49.png

Back