• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to convert seconds into minutes.

G KP

Hi,

I am unable to convert seconds into minutes.. i have attcahed a file and explained my query in detail in it... .

Attachments

• Seconds to Minutes..xlsx
    76.2 KB · Views: 7
Based on subject line without opening your attachment.

Just divide by 60

minutes = seconds / 60

Hi,

I am unable to convert seconds into minutes.. i have attcahed a file and explained my query in detail in it... i need an urgent reply guys..please help me out.

Please see the attachment for detail explantion..i have the attcahed the file again..

Attachments

• Seconds to Minutes..xlsx
    76.2 KB · Views: 11
Hi ,

The detailed explanation is not clear enough ; you mention the following :
I need them in MST 06 am to 12 pm, 12 pm to 03 pm & 03 pm to 06 pm by Day wise, Week wise and month wise separately.
When 261 seconds are converted to minutes , they will be 4.35 minutes ; how can this value be related to MST 06:00 to 12:00 ?

If you want a time based on the Start time , just add the value 261/86400 to the Start time.

Given a start time of 06:00 , this will result in a time of 06:04:21 ; is this what you want ?

Narayan

Narayan,

Apart from time conversion.. There is another query related to sum product ..
need sumproduct of AVg AHT, Avg phone time, Avg ACW time and AVg Hold time with the condition of intervals ....

There are three buckets... 6 am to 12.00 pm
12.00 pm to 3:00 pm
3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
need to do a sumproduct of the data which is in seconds as per the buckets mentioned above and convert that into minutes. Output should be shown as day wise, week wise and month wise.

All the data is in average's and in seconds.

R@J

Hi ,

Are these buckets MST/MDT or IST buckets ? What I mean is should there be a time zone conversion as well as the seconds to minutes conversion , or do you want only the seconds to minutes conversion ?

Narayan

All these buckets are in MST has to be converted to IST
The major challenge is with respect to sumproduct of AVg AHT, AVG phone time, Avg Hold Time, Avg ACW time with the condition of intervas(Three buckets as mentioned above) ..(6:00 am to 12:00 pm, 12:00 Pm to 3:00 pm , 3:00 pm to 6:00 PM
The data is in seconds has to be converted to minutes after doing the sumproduct.

Please help..

Hi ,

We are just wasting time on the terminology ; can you please confirm what all needs to be done ?

1. Convert all dates and times from MST to IST - this is the first step

2. Segregate the times into 3 buckets , 6:00 to 12:00 , 12:00 to 3:00 and 3:00 to 6:00

3. Sum up the times in these 3 buckets

4. Convert these totals which will be in seconds to minutes

Please clarify which of these steps need to be done.

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

You are almost right.. however I just need the third point as sumproduct of the average times that I have mentioned such as Avg Talk Time, Avg Phone time, Avg After call, Avg Handle time with condition of three buckets.

1. We cannot just sum the seconds and convert that into minutes, we need to do a sumproduct based on intervals as per the buckets mentioned.

I have attached another file where you can update the sumproduct function with conditions.. I just need sumproduct of the averages with the condition of intervals,Date, week ...

Please refer Raw data sheet for the data and Calcs sheet to insert the sumproduct function with multiple conditions,(Highlighted in Yellow)

Thank you

Attachments

• Copy of Interval wise July.xlsx
    131.9 KB · Views: 7
Hi ,

Can you first confirm that the calculated values in columns H through M are correct ?

Narayan

Attachments

189.9 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

Yes , calculated data is correct from H through M . ... what I need is a sumproduct..bcoz the data is average of each interval. so that i can show the comparison between the three buckets..
like what is the ASA, Hold time, HAndle time in first bucket , second bucket ,Third bucket
comparing it with one another..

R@J

Hi ,

Can you specify what the output layout is like ? Is it only bucket wise or date wise or weekday wise or any combination of these ?

Narayan

Hi ,

Can you specify what the output layout is like ? Is it only bucket wise or date wise or weekday wise or any combination of these ?

Narayan
I need the day wise comparison of three buckets, Week wise and month wise..
so that i can add day wise and week wise drop down of three buckets with comparison.. Month wise I will add it as MTD separately at the top..

R@J

Hi ,

How are you going to calculate the averages based on the values that are now available in columns H through M ?

Can you work out at least a few examples ?

Narayan

Hi ,

We are still losing time over terminology.

Under output , you have mentioned :

Sumproduct with conditions

What is this supposed to mean ?

Can you work out at least one example fully , from start to finish , to produce one output ?

Narayan

Hi ,

We are still losing time over terminology.

Under output , you have mentioned :

Sumproduct with conditions

What is this supposed to mean ?

Can you work out at least one example fully , from start to finish , to produce one output ?

Narayan
I have attached the file and updated the function by selecting the range manually.. i need single sumproduct function to do this.

sorry for the confusion

Attachments

• Interval data.xlsx
    70.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi ,

The bucket timings you mentioned earlier were :

6:00 AM to 12:00 PM

12:00 PM to 3:00 PM

3:00 PM to 6:00 PM

Now , suddenly these timings have become :

5:30 PM to 12:00 AM

12:00 AM to 3:00 AM

3:00 AM to 6:00 AM

Is this correct ?

Narayan

Hi ,

The bucket timings you mentioned earlier were :

6:00 AM to 12:00 PM

12:00 PM to 3:00 PM

3:00 PM to 6:00 PM

Now , suddenly these timings have become :

5:30 PM to 12:00 AM

12:00 AM to 3:00 AM

3:00 AM to 6:00 AM

Is this correct ?

Narayan
sorry ..my bad ... i was just showing you the example...earlier buckets are correct... please help me with the function. (12 hrs is the complete window.. 6:00 am to 12:00 pm 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm)..

sorry ..my bad ... i was just showing you the example...earlier buckets are correct... please help me with the function. (12 hrs is the complete window.. 6:00 am to 12:00 pm 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm)..
please help me in cracking the logic for the function ... so that i can apply the same with different buckets

Hi ,

I was just looking at your data , and the times shown there are not falling in the buckets we had agreed on ; I would therefore request you to go back to the earlier file , where you had confirmed that the results in columns H through M are correct.

I am uploading that file ; can you go through the data in the file and produce the same outputs ?

Narayan

Attachments

190.4 KB · Views: 2
Hi ,

I was just looking at your data , and the times shown there are not falling in the buckets we had agreed on ; I would therefore request you to go back to the earlier file , where you had confirmed that the results in columns H through M are correct.

I am uploading that file ; can you go through the data in the file and produce the same outputs ?

Narayan
Hi,

I have attached the file with the data ... I have manually selected the range of the buckets for the function.. I need a single function to do it.

R@J

Attachments

• Interval wise July (4).xlsx
    184.4 KB · Views: 2
Back