• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to create a summary sheet2 from another sheet1 which is the database

Lemon

Hello I need some help with a project.

I have an excel file which serves as my database and I want to produce a separate summary sheet with data from the database with only certain variables.

The data in TESTDB is daily enrollment data for several years. What I want to do is create an automated summary sheet comparing data for four years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 from a certain point in time ( Maybe starting the day when classes started for each year). So once the database is updated the summary sheet will be updated as well for the current year and the other 3 years. The summary sheet must be submitted to the supervisor each day. Currently we manually enter the data into the summary sheet but I know there must be a way to automate this process. I uploaded an example of what I am trying to do.

I’ve tried several if statements and Index-Match but I can’t seem to get this to work. Can someone please help me with the challenge? Thanks a million!!

Attachments

• TESTDB.xlsx
    11.4 KB · Views: 2
Hi Lemon, and welcome to the forum! :awesome:

In your example file, can you elaborate on what the Summary sheet should look like? Is it just some numbers that need to be filled in? What should those numbers be? Looking at TESTDB, I can see several rows FALL2015. Do you need to sum all the rows, or just take the first/last row of information?

Hi Lemon, and welcome to the forum! :awesome:

In your example file, can you elaborate on what the Summary sheet should look like? Is it just some numbers that need to be filled in? What should those numbers be? Looking at TESTDB, I can see several rows FALL2015. Do you need to sum all the rows, or just take the first/last row of information?

If you look at TESTDB Headcount.. I want to pick the headcount number for Fall 2015 and if it is today's date populate the summary sheet which is the second tab for Headcount and Fall 2015. I want to be able to automate this process when I add another row of data to the database with tomorrow's data. Plus I want the summary sheet to be populate for other variables as well, like the number of females, males etc. So basically the summary sheet should automatically populate with the data that is in the database sheet everyday. Let me know if I still haven't answered your questions.

I filled in some random numbers for the full time/part time columns in the raw data, but just to test out the formula. Check out the attached.
You can change the date to look at freely. With the small data set, I'd suggest picking a date between Aug 26 and Aug 30 for testing.

Attachments

• TESTDB LM.xlsx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
I filled in some random numbers for the full time/part time columns in the raw data, but just to test out the formula. Check out the attached.
You can change the date to look at freely. With the small data set, I'd suggest picking a date between Aug 26 and Aug 30 for testing.
Thank you Luke. I greatly appreciate the time you took out of your day to help me with this project. If I have any questions would it be ok to message you again?

Thank you kindly, Lemon!!

Back