• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to create ppt based on excel file using macros

Balajisx

Hi team,

is there any way to create a powerpoint point presentation automatally based on the excel chart and shapes. I have multiple sheets in an excel where i have to paste multiple charts and shapes into one presentaion. I am looking for a code to automate this process. Please help me on this.

Thank you so much Narayan. This is what I am actually looking for. However Instead of creating a new powerpoint presentation, is there any way to create an automation for active powerpoint presentation? Say for an example, I have a standard master slide "A standard template" which needs to be used for all kind of presentation. Your help is highly appriciated.

Regards,
Balaji S

Hi ,

Both Excel and Powerpoint have their own VBA programming software within them.

If you wish to integrate your Excel data and charts with Powerpoint , you can use VBA from within Excel ; if you wish to automate your existing Powerpoint presentations which do not make use of any Excel data from existing workbooks , then you can use VBA from within Powerpoint.

What do you want to do ?

Narayan

All my working files and charts will be excel . I have to automate the presentation via excel only. Instead of creating a new presentation I have to use format of tempalte. is that possible via Excel VBA?

Hi ,

Only if you upload your Excel workbook and your Powerpoint template , and give a detailed description of how exactly the transfer of data and charts is to be done , can anyone go about seeing how it can be done.

In general , what you want , can be done. As I mentioned earlier , there have been several such questions asked and answered in this forum.

Narayan

I am not able to attach the powerpoint template in this forum. Hence I have taken a snap shot of my slides and pasted in the attached excel file. My working excel will contains some basic column and bar charts like what we see in the link which you shared Earlier. by using the code am able to create a new ppt. The problem is I should use only the templete which was shared by the company.

my sincere thanks for your time in helping me on this.

Attachments

• sample 1.xlsx
    876.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi ,

If you cannot attach a file which has a .ppt or .pptx or any other extension , just rename it to .xls and upload it in this thread.

Mention the original extension , so that who ever wishes to help , will rename the file after they have downloaded it.

I am not very sure that I will be able to help. Others may.

Narayan

Back