• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to created nested IF statement

Meri

If have a file attached, that has several jobs that a person needs to conduct over time. I need to show the data in a "timeline" format as shown on the example.
(I am unfortunately driven the manager that wants the report to look EXACTLY like this) :)
I have worked out the formula that gets me the first job on the timeline, but I am unsure how to nest the IF statements to show all the jobs on the one row of the sheet.
In my example I have the part I have worked out at the top of the spreadsheet, and the answer I am looking for (manually drawn) down below.
I would appreciate if I could have some assistance in creating the solution I am looking for.

Many thanks

Attachments

• Chandoo nested if.xls
    37 KB · Views: 0
Hi Meri,
Firstly, Welcome to the forum Chandoo.org

Please explain more about the logic of "Cook", "Clean", "Tidy" & "Wash"
What is the criteria for all these?

Regards,

Hi thank you for the quick reply. The logic behind the "cook" and "clean" etcetera are they are tasks that need to be done. I have sanitised the real tasks with the terms "Cook" and "clean". I need to show all of the tasks that each person is doing on a single line. I worked out the formula for showing if one task needs to be down on the line, but I don't know how to add the extra "code" to show ALL the Tasks on the same line.
I hope this clarifies your question
Thank you

Back