• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to highlight the cells fill colour when the formula value is less than '0'

jk51

Hi,
Quick help please. How to highlight the cells fill colour when the formula in a cell value is less than zero. I have tried conditional formatting and highlight the cell less than 0 but no colour fill. Doesn't work.

For example see two columns below first column is 'random date' and second column is 'how many days left?' I want to highlight yellow colour fill less than '0' in the second column. The result output is 3 cells because less than 0 days to go?

Date How many days left?
14/06/2017 -2 days to go
25/11/2019 892 days to go
05/06/2017 -11 days to go
02/06/2017 -14 days to go
18/11/2017 155 days to go

Thank you

Mr Singh

Hi ,

From what I can see , the result in the second column ( the column on the right ) is negative if the date in the first column ( the column on the left ) is earlier than today's date.

So you can use the following to conditionally format the cells in the right hand column ; suppose your data range is A2:B6 , you can select the range B2:B6 and use the CF formula :

=$A2 < TODAY()

and use a Fill Colour of your choice.

Alternatively , you can enter the formula =TODAY() in some cell , say J1 , and use this in your CF formula :

=$A2 < $J$1

Narayan

Back