• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to include a ComboBox in the tab order of unlocked cells

Jason Koles

I have a simple form that users will enter data into. There are multiple fields that they can tab through to enter data, but I can't figure out how to make the combobox I have created become one of them.

The combobox is one that has google search box functionality where they can type and the list of values displayed are any from the list that have the string. The combobox is linked to a cell on the spreadsheet (combobox placed on top of it) and when I unlock that linked cell and allow tabbing into it, the text entered is actually in the cell and not the "hovering" combobox.

I'm a complete novice at VBA, so was just hoping there was a setting I could turn on to allow tabbing to "hit" the combobox... not even worried about it being in order at this point.

File is uploaded

thanks,

Attachments

• BIG EVENT FORM -- UPDATE proposal2.xlsm
    131.7 KB · Views: 2
Just wanted to add, if it wasn't already assumed, that I have all of the sheet locked except for the fields that they enter data into.

xlstime,

Thanks for your reply, but I already have the searchable text box functioning just fine. What I am looking for is help with simple user navigation... as they hit tab to move through the editable fields, the drop-down is not included so the only way the user can enter the field is by clicking it. It isn't that big of a deal, I was just trying to make it easy.

Hi Jason,

Please refer below ulr, this will help you to make searchable drop down.

https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/2439-excel-drop-down-list-search.html

Back