• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to link the scroll bar to a chart?

Dear Excel Experts,

I was just trying to make a dynamic chart based on the data of "Equity Curve" and "Bought Date" (BD) the details are there in my excel working file. Even though i have seen some videos regarding how to link the scroll bar with the chart was not quite successful in doing it. The chart has to get updated as soon as i enter some new data on the working file.

Looking forward to all experts to solve the issue. The working file is attached along with this message. Do explain it step by step how to do it since i'm just a beginner.

Regards,

Sonjoe Joseph.

Attachments

• Working File.xlsx
    14.9 KB · Views: 6
Do you want the Scroll Bar to control the X Axis range or the Data Selected eg: SC, P/L, Equity Curve?

Hi Joseph ,

See if this is what you wanted.

Narayan

Hello Friend,

This is fine but suppose if i want to see the overall equity curve graph for the full year there is no option to view it. It would be nice if you can include monthly, yearly and overall equity curve ie for the full year graph.

Awaiting for your feedback.

Regards,

Sonjoe Joseph.

Hi ,

Upload a workbook with adequate data for one full year.

Narayan

Dear Narayan,

I have updated the working file with 1 year data. it would be nice if you can include monthly, yearly and overall equity curve ie for the full year graph. Do also explain the procedure how ur doing it since i'm just a beginner.

Regards,

Sonjoe Joseph.

(File Attached)
Hi ,

Upload a workbook with adequate data for one full year.

Narayan

Attachments

• Working File.xlsx
    14.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi ,

Please indicate the following :

1. How will the user select between the different types of charts to be displayed ?

2. For each selection by the user , what will be the range of data to be used in the chart ?

Narayan

Hi ,

Please indicate the following :

1. How will the user select between the different types of charts to be displayed ?

2. For each selection by the user , what will be the range of data to be used in the chart ?

Narayan

Dear Friend Narajan,

Well i'm looking for three things in the same chart listed below:-

1. It should give me monthly equity curve ie data range will be 31 days ie from the last trade date i did - 31 days.
2. Yearly equity curve ie data range will be 1 year data for eg:- from 28-feb-16 to 28-feb-15.
3. Overall Equity curve ie the complete data range.

The chart should be dyanmic ie when i enter new data it has to be automatically updated in chart.

Narayan hope all the things listed above will be possible. I'm not expert in excel so hope u will teach me how to do it.

Regads,

Sonjoe Joseph.

Hi ,

The questions have not been answered. I am repeating them here.

2. The data to be charted is in the two ranges C2:C45 and N2:N45. I do not know whether this is all the data that is to be charted.

Please indicate correctly , the ranges which are to be used for charting when the user selects :
  • Monthly equity curve
  • Yearly equity curve
  • Overall equity curve
I have not understood the meaning of :
from the last trade date i did
Please explain with an example.

Is this your proper working file , or will you later on try and transfer the charts to your actual working file ? If so , please upload your actual working file.

I have little time to even do the charts , I will not be able to explain anything.

You will have to go through the workbook and try and understand yourself , sorry.

Narayan

Back