• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to list only unique values in dynamic dependant data validation table (sample included)?

kelle

I'm creating a rather complex (at least for me!) excel database that requires a dynamic dependant data validation list which updates based on entries into into a different sheet. This table pulls data on course dates from a sheet called Client Payment Details. The Client Payment Details sheet is the main data-entry sheet that we use: each time we get a client interested in a course, the client's name, the name of the course, and a course date gets manually entered in. Due to the nature of the work, the courses are not prescheduled but are scheduled based on client need, so that it does not make sense to make a master "Course" sheet and list courses there for subsequent selection in the Client Payment Details sheet, as it would just be redundant. At the same time, it's useful to easily reference which courses are already planned, as interested participants can join the same class that is already scheduled.

As such, once a course name and date is entered into the Client Payment Details sheet, it feeds into the above dynamic table, which is the data bank for a dependant data validation table which can then be selected in the Client Payment Details sheet. Once this table is updated, I am able to automatically select the same date for any subsequent clients interested in the same course without digging around for it.

The problem is that the formula I'm using in the table pulls all values, when I need it to pull only unique values. In the attached sample, the table is pulling the info from the Client Payment Details sheet for 2 clients registered in the same class; what I need it to do is pull the date only once, since it's the same.

How would I update this formula so that it only provides the unique value rather than all the duplicates?

Attachments

• sample.xlsx
    45.2 KB · Views: 7
Back