• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to share an add in and protect it with Password

Harmeet

Hi,

I have created a macro and i want to share it with my friend.
And i don't want him to access the code.
I have created an add-in but it is not working when it is password protected. If i unlock and install , it is working but then my friend is able to access the codes.

Are you applying the password to the file, or to the VB code itself? It should be the latter.
upload_2015-8-10_10-18-49.png

Are you applying the password to the file, or to the VB code itself? It should be the latter.
View attachment 21463

Hi

I have created the macro, i dont want to put password to the file.

I have just proteced the VBA code. Then i have created the addin from that file.

When i give it to my friend to run that code. He is not able to run it without password (password required only first time).

Is it a way by which i can run a addin which is password protected.

I fact i am not able to see that macro under macro tab.

You are not reading Luke Ms post correctly, what you want is what he has shown you, read the post and don't scan read

In the chance that you did apply password to the VB, what is your add-in doing? Does it try to edit workbooks/VB or anything that might require a password itself?

i mean to say is if we lock vb code and then create addin from it and share that addin with other user. The other user is not able to install that addin until he put password to it.
My issue - i wish that other user should use that macro but i dont want to share password with him. Is there any way around ?

How is your user attempting to install the Add-in? They shouldn't need to be accessing the code at all. Should be from the Excel workbooks - File - Excel Options menu.b
You also didn't say if your add-in itself attempt to modify any code.
How is user attempting to run the add-in?

Back