• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to show trend ?

mithil1

I am trying to make a dashboard that shows the trend. I am not able to get a right trend based on the numbers. Please look the attached screen shot. Below is the example

There is a hotel chain named X. X has various locations across the country and its divided in East and West regions. further X operates under different names at each location. I am trying to see the monthly trend of hotel occupancy. Unfortunately since it operates under various names,I am not able to generate a proper chart. Take a look at what I am getting in the screen shot.

I get a proper trendline if its just one location, but because there are multiple locations under different names, i dont get it.

Attachments

• Screenshot (34).png
    Screenshot (34).png
    14.5 KB · Views: 19
There is a hotel chain named X. X has various locations across the country and its divided in East and West regions. further X operates under different names at each location.

Can you add helper column that ties all the different names used by X into one group name? That should help solve your issue.

Still a bit confused about your expected end result.

But typically, I'd use PivotTable to analyse these type of data.
upload_2017-8-11_10-29-35.png

Note: I assumed all data is for hotel chain X, and I arbitrarily picked East/West for demonstration.

Attachments

• Sample_H.xlsx
    27.1 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the quick response. I will work on it. At my end when I checked of Text Axis in format axis, its able to generate a graph. But your solution looks better. I am gonna try.

Another question is how can I link two data sets in the dashboard for e.g the common factor between two data sets is the city names and the region. Whats happening now is I have a column chart for other data where I have already made a dashboard with cities.

Thanks. So finally I was able to get it running but since there are two charts 1) bar 2) trend . Some cities correctly displays the bar chart but doesn't show the trend line. That part is just empty or a dot.

Back