• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

how to start my chart at 0 intersection?

cash_flow_pro

Hi guys!

I'm sure there's a setting for this .. I'm trying to make my data lines in a line chart start at the zero intersection .. can someone please remind me how?

Much appreciated!

:)

Select the Horizontal axis

Right Click, Format Axis

Position Axis on Tick mark

Select the Chart

Select Series 1

Below the Horizontal(Category)Axis Labels

Click the Edit button

Select the X Axis category Range

Many thanks Hui!!

Although I don't quite follow - I'm down to selecting series 1 in the chart, but not sure where the edit button is?

Whoops, forgot a line

Select the Chart

Right Click, Select data

Select Series 1

Below the Horizontal(Category)Axis Labels (on the Right Hand Column)

Click the Edit button

Select the X Axis category Range

Thanks again Hui!!

Unfortunately I'm still not there .. I'm looking at a very basic revenue earned for three shops over a 12 month period .. and what I've got is the three series starting on the y-axis at their first month value .. but what I want is for them to all start at 0, and then join onto the first month's value. I hope this is clear?

What do you mean by 'select the x axis category range' above? when i do that it's showing me the names to include in the x-axis .. does a 0 need to be added here (when I do this the series still cross at their 1st month value)?

Cash_Flow_Pro

As you have found out you need to follow some instructions for charts very precisely

Line Charts post the data in order as point 1, 2, 3 ... etc

You can have a separate Range of Numbers or Text as values for the X Axis

If you want to have some other values you have to edit the series as I described above

I have put the steps in a simple worksheet which shows you how step by step

Refer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdx69nsz42ixbum/Line%20Chart%20with%200%2C0%20Origin.xlsx

oh wows, thank you so much Hui, I'm very appreciative of the spreadsheet!!

I fear I haven't been clear enough with my question though - as I want my series lines to all start at the 0,0 intersection of the chart (but they're currently starting mid-way through the first month at the first month's value).

Sorry to be such a pain - I'm determined to get this chart how I want it!!

Your not following instructions...

Select the Horizontal axis

Right Click, Format Axis

Position Axis on Tick mark

Thanks Hui! I was following your instructions though *scared eyebrow raise* hehe.

Doing that alone has moved the series points to align with the x-axis names - so now the series start at their first plot value ..

But what I want is for them to all start at 0 time & 0 value.

I was sure there was a shortcut, but instead I've used a workaround of adding in the 0 values at the beginning of my data.

Thanks again for your help!

:) :) :)

Back