• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hyperlink 100+ Tabs Shortcut

JuliusV

Hi All,

I was wondering if there are any quick ways to hyperlink 100+ tabs without manually right clicking and adding hyperlinks.

Essentially, I have an index tab that references 100+ tabs and when clicking on the tab # it will go directly to the tab. Then, on each Tab, cell "A1" will allow you to return to the index.

Thank you for the help.

- Julius

Attachments

• Hyperlink 100+ Tabs_010917_v1.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 2
Hi All,

I was wondering if there are any quick ways to hyperlink 100+ tabs without manually right clicking and adding hyperlinks.

Essentially, I have an index tab that references 100+ tabs and when clicking on the tab # it will go directly to the tab. Then, on each Tab, cell "A1" will allow you to return to the index.

Thank you for the help.

- Julius
Hi Julius

Try using the hyperlink function as in the attachment

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Hyperlink 100+ Tabs_010917_v1.xlsx
    12.3 KB · Views: 8
The hyperlink function works perfectly since there is consistency in the naming of the tabs.

I was wondering is there a way to quickly add in a way for the A1 cell in each tab to link back to the index?

I was messing around with Macros but it didn't work for me / researching additional methods. I am trying to avoid using any VBA code as this information will not be maintained by someone with the expertise.

The code provided updates the list each time the Index page is opened and adds " Back to Index" on each page. Nothing to be maintained

The hyperlink function works perfectly since there is consistency in the naming of the tabs.

I was wondering is there a way to quickly add in a way for the A1 cell in each tab to link back to the index?

I was messing around with Macros but it didn't work for me / researching additional methods. I am trying to avoid using any VBA code as this information will not be maintained by someone with the expertise.
Hi,

For that just add the following code to "This Workbook" Excel Object:
Code:
Private Sub Workbook_NewSheet(ByVal Sh As Object)

With ActiveSheet
    .Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=.Range("A1"), _
    Address:="#'Index'!A1", _
    ScreenTip:="Go to Index", _
    TextToDisplay:="Index"
    End With

End Sub

As you add new sheets it will add the link to the Index page in cell "A1"

Hope this helps

Back