• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

=IFS(IFS(IFS(IFS

tarynmahon

This is probably a stupid question but is there a simpler way of doing loads of IF formulas?
Each IF has different criteria and a different result, I was thinking I could do a SUMPRODUCT but that would only return one result that matches all the different criteria wouldnt it?
The formulas are in Column L onwards, it all works at the moment but I just wanted it to be neater.

Thanks if you can help at all.
Taryn

Attachments

• New Research Council Master(Not confidential).xlsx
    113.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi ,

I doubt that SUMPRODUCT is a suitable function , unless you want to calculate the whole array of results using one formula. At present , every formula is dealing with single cells , and that is no justification for SUMPRODUCT which deals with arrays of data.

What will help is helper columns , especially if there are some intermediate results which can be used in many of the formulae.

Some examples :

Fees!$E$12/2

365*('AHRC - RG72478 Coh1'!$E4-Fees!B$1)

which are used in innumerable places.

Narayan

Is there really no other way, my nested IF has now got completely out of hand!
I tried helper columns but I dont think they will actually help its too complex

Dear Tarynmahon

L4 could be simplified to

=IF($G4="Fees",0,Fees!$E$12)*IF($J4="Y",0.4,1)*IF($I4="PT",0.6,1)*IF($E4>Fees!B$2,1,1/365*('AHRC - RG72478 Coh1'!$E4-Fees!B$1))*IF($K4="Y",0.5,1)

A similar technique could be used for the other columns

Back