• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Index & Match on multiple criteria (horizontal & vertical)

JCTalk

Hi Guys,

I know how to do a sumproduct for totalling data in this way, but can anyone help with the formula for looking up data from table using X&Y lookup criteria.

Attached a table.

An example lookup would be;
  • A4:A4 lookup for "DATA"
  • D2:M2 lookup for Feb-15
  • D3:M3 lookup for Item5
I'm expecting the value returned from the above example to be the value held by M4.

I didn't really want to use an extra row with months in every cell, but I understand INDEX/MATCH with merged cells to be problematic, so it seemed like an easy solution.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• H&YLookup.xlsx
    11 KB · Views: 7
Hi

I did not understand exactly what you want but I put a formula in cell A4- that might help you

Attachments

• H&YLookup.xlsx
    12.1 KB · Views: 3
Perhaps something like this? using array formula.........

Attachments

• H&YLookup-1.xlsx
    12.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi,

Tomas - Many thanks. I've tried your formula, but it seems to be missing the vertical lookup. The two top X lookups are OK, but I need to also lookup vertically in Column A. I tried adding on another "&" in the same way you have but it doesn't like it. Does vertical have to be done a different way?

Azumi - Many thanks. This one seems to only lookup the month. I need to lookup the month, the item and the vertical column A.

Thanks guys.

Hi,
Is this?

if not, please upload a file with different examples.

Regards,

Attachments

• H&YLookup (1).xlsx
    11.5 KB · Views: 14
You should post question on your own thread, juast give you a hand, hope this helps

Attachments

• ASSIGN.xlsx
    10.7 KB · Views: 13
Back