• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Insert formula into blank cell automatically

yort

Hi All, I hope someone can help me..

I currently have a data sheet where duties are entered. From this sheet the employee's roster is created via formula's within the roster sheet.
Sometimes I need to directly enter data in the employee roster sheet (special occasion etc). This will remove the formula from the cell.
Is there a way for the formula to be automatically entered back into the cell if the cell was blank so that I do not need to copy the formula back into the cell manually.
I was thinking of a checking formula/VBA script etc that would see if the cell was blank and if so then it would insert the formula that was there originally in the cell.

Thankyou for any assistance..

Hi @yort

Welcome to the forum :)

Although that can be done using VBA, I would like to suggest trying something else first... If you have the data in an excel table, when you enter a value in the column where you usually have formulas, it will detect that the contents are different and give you the option to restore to formula:
JPEG.jpg

Does this help?

Hi PCosta, Thankyou That is a great idea. Will try your suggestion and see how it goes.
Cheers
Yort

Back