• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

insert link of a file stored in google drive

Sandip Roy

Dear Friends,

I want to insert link of a pdf file in my worksheet which is stored in google drive.

Pls let me know the procedure. And when I shall click on that link the file should be opened without downloading.

Pls help

Regards
Sandip

Take a look at this -

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ice-file-74819342-8f00-4ab4-bcbe-0f3df15ab0dc

Don't quite understand your opening without downloading requirement, so perhaps you can be more specific in that regard? By opening a file from Google Drive, you've implicitly downloaded it.

I was able to make the above work for a test file in short order.
I know the process that is mentioned in the link, I didn't want that. I want if there is any way to insert hyperlink with a file which is stored in google drive, not in my local drive.

See if this is the type of thing you're trying to achieve - I've posted a test file with a link to nondescript file that lives in my google drive. See if you can open it and whether it gives you the result you desire.

Attachments

• Google Docs Test file.xlsx
    8.8 KB · Views: 5
See if this is the type of thing you're trying to achieve - I've posted a test file with a link to nondescript file that lives in my google drive. See if you can open it and whether it gives you the result you desire.
Yes, It is perfect. But Should I have to copy paste the link for every file or can be fetched that link like the process of inserting a normal pdf file from my local drive ?

Yes, It is perfect. But Should I have to copy paste the link for every file or can be fetched that link like the process of inserting a normal pdf file from my local drive ?

Both ways should work, if I'm understanding you correctly.

Experiment a little and see which way works best for you.

“For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.”

Some Greek guy named Aristotle suggested that, and it still holds true in the age of Google.

Back