• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Insert shapes with a conditional statement

Dear Experts,

I am using a slider to change values in a particular cell. Now depending on the value in the cell I would like to show shapes next to it (in a text box or cell or whatever). So for example if cell value is 10, I want to show a 5 green triangles, when its 8 then 4 triangles etc.

If the above could be done then I would like to make it more complicated but reducing the size of the fifth triangle as we move below 10, until we reach 8 when the fifth triangle disappears. Then the same happens to the fourth triangle as we go below 8, and so forth.

Then I want to do the same for a different scenario but using squares.

I would really appreciate your help with this!

Thanks
ExcelStuff

Hi Luke ,

Just a minor change ; if you make the page change equal 20 , then each page change will add / subtract one triangle.

Narayan

Good point Narayan. I admit I put together the slider bar and initial calculation in a hurry. Was trying to create a number that went from 0 to 10 in non-integer steps to make the growing/shrinking shapes, but you could certainly step by the increments to make instantaneous additions and subtractions.

Back