• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Insert > Table is Greyed Out in Excel 2013

Doug in York PA

In addition to the title issue, I am working in a huge Excel workbook which I inherited recently from a man who quit his job. He constructed 76 interlocking formulas connected to 44 spreadsheets. Mostly, he is repeating the same calculations over and over again, so that is good. The pivot table links will not update and I am not able to change the data source or update the links. I suspect the project may be too big. I tried using PowerPivot instead, but that just made it even larger and crashed Excel temporarily. I am at a loss as to how to proceed from here. The workbook contains patient data, so I am not allowed to share it. But, I could share screenshots of my list of formulas and the associated graphs. Suggestions are welcome.

Doug in York PA

Attachments

• Data Fields List (INFO).pdf
    131.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Formulas List - Original (INFO).pdf
    106 KB · Views: 5
Few suggestions....

1. Use Fill Range method or another to replace all sensitive info with generic text and upload file (ex. Patient Name replaced with Patient 1, 2, 3, etc).

2. Looks like it has way too many columns to be actually useful and/or human readable. I'm assuming that data is summarized? I'd recommend using advanced filter, ADO connection, MS Query or some other method to pull only the pertinent columns/rows to new workbook and build your report there.

3. Consider redesigning entire workbook. You may find it easier than working with legacy workbook.

Back