• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Interactive charts: Linked pictures disappear

Minerva

Hi everyone,

I came across the interactive charts tutorial and I must say it must be heaven sent! It works perfectly.

However, when I close Excel and restart it, some of my charts (linked pictures) disappear. Is there a way to fix this issue?

I have tried using a VBA code I found in the comment box of the tutorial, but it didn't fix the issue.

Thank you so much for your help.

PS: I'm fairly new to VBA.

Hi Narayank,

Thank you for your quick reply.

After checking out the link you posted, it seems the problem is indeed linked to the excel version. Is there any way I can fix this please?

Thank you!

Hi ,

Sorry , but the only way out would be to not use Linked Pictures !

Use other methods to provide interactivity , such as using a common area for the output chart ; this common area would have formulae to select data from the individual areas based on the selection of the user.

You will need to use only one chart.

If you can upload a sample workbook with some data , and a description of the kind of chart you would like , as well as the kind of interactivity that is required , it will be possible to use some other method to get what you want.

Narayan

Hey,

The interactive chart I'm trying to make (and actually made) is the same as the one on the Chandoo's tutorial. It works just fine, but when I restart Excel, I have to click somewhere on the charts (the source) in order for them to appear.

Is there a code I can use to automatize this?

I read on the comment box this code:

Helia says:
June 6, 2013 at 1:02 pm
I wrote the following VBA code, thats how i solved teh problem:
Sub Rectangle2_Click()
Sheets(“charts”).Select
Application.Goto Reference:=”CHART1″
Application.Goto Reference:=”CHART2″
Application.Goto Reference:=”CHART3″
Sheets(“OUTPUT”).Select
Sheets(“charts”).Select
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Visible = False

End Sub

I've tried it, but can't make it work. Does it work for anyone else?

Thank you so much for your help.

Back