• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Is there a way to prevent users from expanding counts in Pivot table

lobster729

When building reports I just want to show the summary and counts in Pivot table, and don't want users to get to raw data source.
Has anyone done anything like that or knows how to do that?

Convert PivotTable to... OLAP CUBE functions.

Or you can disable "Enable show details" option in PivotTable Options -> Data tab.

But in Excel, if the user is determined enough... there's little you could do to prevent them from getting at source data.

My philosophy is... If you don't want user to see data, then don't place it in the workbook ;)

Convert PivotTable to... OLAP CUBE functions.

Or you can disable "Enable show details" option in PivotTable Options -> Data tab.

But in Excel, if the user is determined enough... there's little you could do to prevent them from getting at source data.

My philosophy is... If you don't want user to see data, then don't place it in the workbook ;)

Thank you!
Not sure what OLAP CUBE functions is, but I used the disable "enable show details" approach.
Do you know if there is a way to prevent a user to enabling that option at all?

Hmm, I can't think of clean way to do that.

There are few ways... but then it will requires vba and forcing user to turn on macro via code etc. Not recommended though.

Back