• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Labels in a Pivot Table

Renuka

Hi,

A very simple question - but it has confused me. When I created Pivot tables in Excel 2010, the text "Column Label" and "Row Label" did not appear above the column names and row headings respectively. The actual field name was displayed. Now when I use Excel 2013, I do not see the field name. Obviously, I'm missing out something.

I'm unable to attach a snip to explain what I mean.

Please advise. Thanks.

Attachments

• Snip1.JPG
    Snip1.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the reply.
Renaming a cell is fine, but you mean to say Excel 2013 doesn't assign the relevant field name? Strange. When this happened automatically in Excel 2010, what could possibly be the reason for it not happening in 2013? We would expect improvements in later versions, isn't it?

Hi Renuka ,

Even in Excel 2010 , it was not automatic.

When you check out the Pivot Table options , you will find a setting :

Classic PivotTable layout (enables dragging of fields in the grid)

Checking this checkbox results in the text becoming the field names , while unchecking this checkbox results in the text Row Labels and Column Labels.

Narayan

Thank you so much Narayan! I don't remember setting this option when I used Excel 2010. But at least I know how to display the field name now.

I must say I'm impressed with the speed and efficiency of the working of Excel Ninjas :)

Back