• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Macro for Quick Chart Updating

J00m82

Hello,

If someone is up for a challenge, I would greatly appreciate some help with the VBA for a macro I'm working on. The macro would automatically update the chart's Data Sources for both the Legend Entries and Horizontal (Category) Axis Label i.e. date on the 'Instock Trending Charts' tab as each week a new set of columns and rows are populated in the 'data' tab. The difficulty is the charts in black are a 1 year outlooks {January-January} and the white charts are a week outlook {March Week 1-April Week 1} this would save a tremendous amount of manual labor.

Attachments

• Macro Build.xlsx
    185 KB · Views: 0
Hi J00m82,

I don't think you need any macros. In fact, you could accomplish all of this using just some formulas. I started to setup a dynamic formula that will always grab the latest data, and then I saw you had several graphs. Rather than having so many chart, I then added in a single dropdown. Check out the charts, read the formulas in the Name Manager, and I think you'll like how smoothly it works.

More reading:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html

Attachments

• DynCharts.xlsx
    148.9 KB · Views: 3
Back