• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Macro Or Formula

Tom90

Hi Can any one help, I am looking for a macro or formula that will put all my data into one column and if the cell has something in in move to next column cell to it, I have data in columns A:E and down to row 20 but all the cells don't have data in them, what I need it to do is look at each row and find the cells with data in them and move them to the adjacent cell in column H and if it finds more that one cell with data in that row and column F has data in it then move it into column G, hope this makes sense.
I have tried to use the IF formula but can get my head round it can any one help

A B C B E F G H
2 5 2 5
4 6 8 4 6 8
8 3 8 3
1 1

As per above, Thanks

Hi, Tom90!
Consider uploading a sample file. It'd be easier to understand for people who might be able to help you.
Include indication of the input data, the attempted solution (formulas, code) and the manually written expected output data as example. Thanks.
Regards!

Hi ,

If you want that the output should be as follows :

A B C B E F G H
---------2 5 2 5
-----4 6 8 4 6 8
---------8 3 8 3
--------------1 1

then this cannot be done using formulae.

A macro can certainly do this , but as already posted , upload a workbook with adequate data in it , so that it becomes easier to test the macro.

Narayan

Hi, Tom90!

A way to do it with formulas is this:
At any cell: =SI.ERROR(DESREF(Hoja1!A1;;-8+CONTARA(Hoja1!1:1));"") -----> in English: =IFERROR(OFFSET(Hoja1!A1,,-8+COUNTA(Hoja1!1:1)),"")

Then copy across and down as required.

Regards!

Back