• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Macro to update monthly data

Injinia

Hi,

I would need help for a file with data under different regions but similar categories, as follows

Column B: Region name (50 regions), and more to be added sometime.

Column C: Category name (36 identical categories per region)

The data runs from Jan 2011 - Dec ("xxxx"), right now I have data up until April 2012. The above columns and rows have data(in numerical form).

The monthly data(IE May 2012, June 2012 etc) to be added to this master data is in a separate excel sheet (named "Update").

I would therefore like the following: A macro which checks the region and category name, matches the update and master file, by copying the data from the update and pasting it in the "empty month" column in the master file.

Appreciate ya'll helping hands in advance.

-Injinia

Hi, Injinia!

Am I wrong or this is the same exact question as in this topic?

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/macro-formula-to-update-master-file

From yesterday! One day ago...

If I am not wrong, your incurring in actions that are very reprehensible in this types of communities. It would be strongly advisable if you read again the third green sticky post at this forums main page, in particular paragraphs 15th thru 17th, which say:

"Cross Posting, generally it is considered poor practice to cross post, that is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.

If you do cross post, please put that in your post.

Also if you have cross posted and get an answer elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the answer here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting there time on your answered question.

If you and a reader have been involved in an ongoing conversation and the conversation suddenly stops, recognize that the person may have gone to bed, even though you have just arrived at work. In the worst case a reader may go on holidays and not get back to the question for a few days."

And this is not the first time you do something like this. Remember this?

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/macro-to-continously-copy-and-paste-without-erasing-previous-data

Regards!

Back