• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Match and compare

Techtrend

1) In Target Sheet we are copying and pasting the data of all the companies Date wise

2) D,I,N all in yellow are dates for which the data is saved

3)the first is Symbol and its closing price and Total trade Qty Date wise.

4) We need Match the Close price of every symbol,If its increasing it has to be in green and if decreasing
it will be in red.

5)Need to calculate the percentage of change of the quantity in H,M like wise
That is compare the G and C col and generate values in H ,if its inc it will be in green and decreasing it will be red.

6)Symbol From A,E,J etc is not in the same row we need to match with the above mentioned data

Attachments

• EQ-Bhav=To be fixed.xls
    60.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi Narendra ,

Your data layout is making it impossible to copy a simple formula across ; trying to devise a formula which can take the unnecessary columns in between viz. I , N , S , X ,... is going to take time , and it makes the formula unnecessarily complicated.

Without those columns in between , the formula becomes simpler , and copying it across is no problem.

You need to decide what is to be done. Retain those columns or eliminate them.

Secondly , all your files are .xls files ; please confirm that what ever solution is developed is for Excel version 2003 and before ; if you have Excel 2007 or later , and can make use of their features , please confirm whether you can accept .xlsx / .xslm / .xlsb files.

Narayan

Mr.Narayan

Sure we can eliminate them those are only for dates,
will make another alternative for that,I think .xlsx should be ok

Thank you for all your efforts
Narendra

Attachments

• EQ-Bhav=To be fixed.xls
    60 KB · Views: 1
Mr.Narayan

Let the Qty Change be in terms of percentage other wise its fine,

and the same also as to be done for Close price For B,E ,I Etc..
compare with Symbols for Ex.compare E with B and match with colors red for decrease and green for Increase.

Thanks
Narendra

Hello

No,it has to be done for

E = B
I = E
M = I
Q = M
U = Q
y = u
AC = Y
AF = AC
Aj = AF
AN = AJ
AR = AN
AV = AR
AZ = AV

match Close price with prev symbol and high light red or green ,
Just visually for us to know if price is increasing or decreasing.

Narendra

Mr.Narayan

Only color option will do,
For Ex. If E price is greater then the B Symbol Close price it will be green and if E close price is less then the B Symbol Close price it will be RED.

The catch is the symbols has to match has the symbols are not exactly on the ROW .

Narendra

Is there any other way,I will tell you the logic why we are doing it ,
this is the End of the data from the NSE we copy for all the scripts,
If the closing price and the Qty is decreasing for the consecutive days then the script will be weak.

Back