• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Multiple Vlook-up with different workbook through Macro

Hi All,

Happy to be here.

Sorry for directly jumping to the question.

I have a source data, I need to do vlookup with 2 different workbooks. There are currently 5 columns to be updated on the source data from the 2 different workbooks. 3 columns are from first workbook and last two columns are from second workbook through VBA MACRO.
there is a issue on the vlook-up were I don't know how to proceed further,
1. were on the first look-up with the first workbook - it needs to update in the 3 columns on the source data and we have to apply what are not available in the first vlook-up that cases only we have to check on the second workbook.

Guidance please.

Source data - common reference in AB column after that 5 columns to be updated with vlook-upvalue.
First look-up with first workbook needs to update the AC,AD and AE column on source data
Second look-up with first workbook needs to update the AF and AG column on source data.

One Guidance ... as also written above ( Tip: )
Upload a Sample File to get a quicker response
Source data... 1st with first workbook... and 2nd with first workbook...
How many workbooks?
That's why, You should Upload maybe three (not two) workbooks with sample data (including sample results).

Sorry for the confussion. Totally there are 3 files ( 1 main file and 2 workbook which contains the necessary data) to be updated in the main file.
1 lookup should be the first workbook and second look up with the second worksheet. we have to do vlookup only #N/A cases from first vlookup to the second workbook. what are the #N/A transaction in the second look-up should be updated as "Not found" on the last column.. I have attached the respective files for your reference

Attachments

• Main File.xlsx
    93.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Recevied file.xlsx
    8.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Rejection Report.xls
    8.3 KB · Views: 3
Okay ... three workbooks ... yes!
Next I should guess which one is the first workbook and
then the last one would be the second workbook ... hmm?
Where are sample results?
Where are "#N/A"s
Do You mean that 'Status'-column would have result like "Not found"?
> Of course, I could try to figure something,
but it would be much faster to get the clear written idea!

we have to update the data from received and rejected files. first vlook-up from received file we have to update the three columns (Rcd date,Bnkname,Bnkaccount) and second vlookup to find out rejection date and reason.. what are those cases which are not found should be updated in the status column in the main file as record not found.

Version:
1) copy 'Main File' to any folder
2) open it
3) UPDATE links, if other files are in another folder (those no need to be open)
4) Press 'Get Value'-button
Notes:
Original Workbooks layout have to be just same as Your sample files.
You can add/edit as many rows as You need ...
>> Questions?

Attachments

• Main File.xlsb
    27.6 KB · Views: 9
Back