• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

My Employee LogIn LogOut Project

GeraldDLT

Hi All,

First of all, I thank you for reading this. Now i'm working on automating Log In Log Out of employee's. I'll post all of my query here in this thread and all of your feedback is very mush appreciated.

My first question is, how can i include the day today in a textbox?
ex: Sunday, 8/28/2016

PS: i'm not an english man, please disregard incorrect grammar.

Thank you,
Gerald

another question, why the code below is not working. Where do i missed?

Code:
Sub findme()
Dim id
Dim myname
id = InputBox("Please enter ID")
myname = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(id, Sheet1.Range("A:B"), 2, False)
MsgBox (myname)
End Sub

Hi All,

First of all, I thank you for reading this. Now i'm working on automating Log In Log Out of employee's. I'll post all of my query here in this thread and all of your feedback is very mush appreciated.

My first question is, how can i include the day today in a textbox?
ex: Sunday, 8/28/2016

PS: i'm not an english man, please disregard incorrect grammar.

Thank you,
Gerald
Like below. Replace Textbox1 with your control name:
Code:
Me.TextBox1.Value = Format(Now, "dddd, m/d/yyyy")

What's the purpose of Login/Logout? If it's used by multiple employee within company network. I'd strongly recommend using tools other than Excel. Such as; Web Form (such as Google form tied to custom interface), Access DB, Logon/out script tied to GPO, log file kept by Key scan system etc etc.

If single user tracking for workbook usage. You can use Workbook_Open & BeforeClose event to track login/out.

Back