• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need to copy & paste different rows in different sheets that meets conditions of 2 drop down lists

Anna

Hello, am trying to do a submit form in excel 2010. I have 2 drop down lists with several items in each:
  • Employment status
  • Job Title
Now I have separate worksheets with all the duties in each (such as branch mgr, office mgr, etc)

So if you click on the 1st drop down as New Hire and click on the 2nd drop down as Branch Mgr, I want to copy all the rows listed in the "branch Mgr" sheet to the 1st sheet with the drop downs.

Am new to this and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much and have a great weekend!

I uploaded the file. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• EMPLOYMENT NOTICE.xlsm
    30.5 KB · Views: 5
1) Those 'BR MGR' & 'OFC MGR' & 'SVC MGR' are all same kind, only title is different...
2) Would You write , WHERE do You would like to 'I want to copy all the rows listed in the "branch Mgr" sheet to the 1st sheet with the drop downs.'?
What is Your 1st sheet (Alert)?
Could You make some kind of sample?

1) Those 'BR MGR' & 'OFC MGR' & 'SVC MGR' are all same kind, only title is different...
2) Would You write , WHERE do You would like to 'I want to copy all the rows listed in the "branch Mgr" sheet to the 1st sheet with the drop downs.'?
What is Your 1st sheet (Alert)?
Could You make some kind of sample?

Yes the 1st sheet is called Alert.

I need to be able to copy ALL the rows in a specified sheet (BR MGR, OFC MGR, SVC MGR) if when the Drop down menu for "New Hire" is selected under "Type of Employment" and "Branch Manager" is selected under "Job Title drop down" and if they are selected, I need to copy ALL the rows in the BR MGR sheet to the Alert sheet on line 26.

Thanking you in advance....have a great day!

... anyway I tried without Your Sample layout.

Thank you for your quick response. Amazing! But what I need is just what it looks like on the BR MGR, OFC MGR or SVC MGR tabs. When someone fills out, selects the appropriate drop downs and submits this form, it provides a checklist for those folks listed on things to do. I need the below to show up on the Alert sheet starting on A26.

Because once you click on the submit form on the Alert sheet, it will go to the following people so they can setup the items listed. There will be other "Job Title" sheets added and then according to what they select on Type of Employment and Job Title drop down will populate the correct sheet starting on line A26.

upload_2017-2-17_15-34-21.png

Thanking you in advance......have a great day!

Okay ... You need that table...
but ... You'll notice what happened ...

Attachments

• EMPLOYMENT NOTICE.xlsm
    37.7 KB · Views: 6
Okay ... You need that table...
but ... You'll notice what happened ...

Yikes! What can I do, should I just delete the column that has the X=DONE and just leave column A? Also merge cells in the Alert Sheet?

I tried in the file and deleted column b in the BR MGR sheet and changed to Office Mgr notice changed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Mod edit : thread moved to appropriate forum !

You could do just something like this ...

Happy Monday! Thanks much! Have another question if you don't mind. I was trying to change items around and putting alphabetical order and added another name to the BR MGR, etc sheets but it won't list my changes. Not sure what I'm not doing. It is not refreshing. Help would be appreciated if not busy. Thanking you in advance....have a great day!

@Anna ... ouch! ... You wrote: "Am new to this ..."
Yes!
For example only change of sheet name will make 'unwanted result'!
Your sample file has sheet-names ... okay?
Sheet-names are like addresses in normal life ... okay?
If You move from Your house/apartment to other address without telling that act to necessary public departments so on.
Your normal post ... bills will go to old address ... okay?
Same thing happened with Your file!
You changed addresses but You didn't tell that to 'code'
which should know new sheet names ...
> Plus: There are 'written rules', how those refreshing would work!
> If even one thing no match, then no work!
... same same ...
If You have moved to another address.
If Your Car Insurance bills goes to old address.
If Your Car Insurance company cannot contact You.
Soon You don't have valid Car Insurance.
... what would happen if something bad happen?
>> What to do ...
a) Send that file here.
b) Change those Your made changes to code.

@Anna ... ouch! ... You wrote: "Am new to this ..."
Yes!
For example only change of sheet name will make 'unwanted result'!
Your sample file has sheet-names ... okay?
Sheet-names are like addresses in normal life ... okay?
If You move from Your house/apartment to other address without telling that act to necessary public departments so on.
Your normal post ... bills will go to old address ... okay?
Same thing happened with Your file!
You changed addresses but You didn't tell that to 'code'
which should know new sheet names ...
> Plus: There are 'written rules', how those refreshing would work!
> If even one thing no match, then no work!
... same same ...
If You have moved to another address.
If Your Car Insurance bills goes to old address.
If Your Car Insurance company cannot contact You.
Soon You don't have valid Car Insurance.
... what would happen if something bad happen?
>> What to do ...
a) Send that file here.
b) Change those Your made changes to code.

Thanks! I understand that....I changed the information in BR MGR, OFC MGR, SVC MGR, I didn't change the sheet names just the contents and moved some things around.

But after I did the changing within the sheet, I went to the ALERT sheet and clicked on the desired Title and the information that I just changed in the sheet did not update on the Alert sheet.

... but before 'Your' changes everything works or how?
Even one small 'm i s t a k e' could make huge things or nothing?
You tested b) ... try to use 'original-file' or test a)

... but before 'Your' changes everything works or how?
Even one small 'm i s t a k e' could make huge things or nothing?
You tested b) ... try to use 'original-file' or test a)

Thank you so much! Not sure what I was doing wrong but seem to be ok...hopefully I won't break!

Is there a way that I can make 2 columns say like on the BR MGR, OFC MGR, etc to have the rest of the checklist after DD on the 2nd column so all the info can be on 1 sheet when printed out? Thanks

@Anna
as You know, many things are possible ...
Make Your needed changes and
... if no work then send it for me (with needed layouts).

Back