• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Outlook Attachment Download VBA edit

plexus

Hi Guys,

I have an Outlook VBA script that works fine for me when the attachments have different names. The script lets me select the folder to extract the attachments from then copy them into a folder.

I now have a daily email that, unfortunately has the same name in the attachment. When I run my script in the folder containing multiple daily emails, the script only extracts the latest attachment and ignores the rest of the email in the folder.

I want to modify the script to be able to download each attachment for each daily email.

The script I am using is this:

Code:
Sub Shortage_Attachments()

Dim ns As NameSpace

Dim Inbox As MAPIFolder

Dim SubFolder As MAPIFolder

Dim item As Object

Dim Atmt As Attachment

Dim fileName As String

Set ns = GetNamespace("MAPI")

Set Inbox = ns.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)

Set SubFolder = Application.Session.PickFolder ' Enter correct subfolder name.

On Error Resume Next

For Each item In SubFolder.Items

For Each Atmt In item.Attachments

fileName = "S:\ALL\Planning Team\Weekly Metrics\2017 Weekly_Metrics_Rebuild_V2\Weekly Metrics Reports\Clean Reports\SHORTAGE TEST\" & _

Atmt.fileName

Atmt.SaveAsFile fileName

Next Atmt

Next item

Call MsgBox("Download Complete")

End Sub

I also need each attachment to save in the folder with the 'day' i.e Monday, Tuesday etc- as the name of the attachment. e.g: 'sql report Monday'

I do not know if this can be achieved from the itm.receivedTime or the subject heading from the mail itself.

The Subject heading contains the following text: sql report results 21/03/2017 Tuesday
Obviously the day value changes daily.

The date format in the mail is: Mon 20/03/2017 00:15

plexus

Good question.

Only person i strongly believe can help is Deepak who is really good at Outlook vba..am big fan of him.

Monty!

Thanks for the reply. Outlook VBA is a strange beast for sure. Not having much luck around the web getting a solution to this from the Outlook VBA priests.

Guess I am waiting for Deepak the savior then :)

Hi Guys,

I now have a daily email that, unfortunately has the same name in the attachment. When I run my script in the folder containing multiple daily emails, the script only extracts the latest attachment and ignores the rest of the email in the folder.

That might got replaced not skipped.

Try it.

Code:
Const sPath As String = "S:\ALL\Planning Team\Weekly Metrics\2017 Weekly_Metrics_Rebuild_V2\Weekly Metrics Reports\Clean Reports\SHORTAGE TEST\"
Sub Shortage_Attachments2()
Dim ns As Namespace
Dim Inbox As MAPIFolder, SubFolder As MAPIFolder
Dim item As Object
Dim Atmt As Attachment
Dim fileName As String

On Error Resume Next

fileName = Atmt.fileName
        If Len(Dir(sPath & fileName)) > 0 Then fileName = _
        sPath & Format(item(i).ReceivedTime, "DDMMYYYY") & "_" & Format(Now, "DDMMYYHHMMSS") & fileName
            Atmt.SaveAsFile fileName
    Next Atmt
  Next item

MsgBox "Download Complete.", vbInformation, "SUCCESS"

End Sub

That might got replaced not skipped.

Try it.

Code:
Const sPath As String = "S:\ALL\Planning Team\Weekly Metrics\2017 Weekly_Metrics_Rebuild_V2\Weekly Metrics Reports\Clean Reports\SHORTAGE TEST\"
Sub Shortage_Attachments2()
Dim ns As Namespace
Dim Inbox As MAPIFolder, SubFolder As MAPIFolder
Dim item As Object
Dim Atmt As Attachment
Dim fileName As String

On Error Resume Next

fileName = Atmt.fileName
        If Len(Dir(sPath & fileName)) > 0 Then fileName = _
        sPath & Format(item(i).ReceivedTime, "DDMMYYYY") & "_" & Format(Now, "DDMMYYHHMMSS") & fileName
            Atmt.SaveAsFile fileName
    Next Atmt
  Next item

MsgBox "Download Complete.", vbInformation, "SUCCESS"

End Sub

---------

Good Afternoon,
I'm just new user to this Website and a very humble scavenger for VBA, your above reply to the original VBA didn;t work for me, my intention is to have the same action the original VBA did but with exchanging the attachment name with the received date for its mail, for example i receive to mails on 1st of Dec and another on 5th of Dec with the same attachment named same, so i need to download both by exchanging their names to be as "XYZ-01-12-2019.xls" & "XYZ-05-12-2019.xls", plz don't reply me in hard VBA , abbreviations, as i told you i'm only a scavenger :)

---------

Good Afternoon,
I'm just new user to this Website and a very humble scavenger for VBA, your above reply to the original VBA didn;t work for me, my intention is to have the same action the original VBA did but with exchanging the attachment name with the received date for its mail, for example i receive to mails on 1st of Dec and another on 5th of Dec with the same attachment named same, so i need to download both by exchanging their names to be as "XYZ-01-12-2019.xls" & "XYZ-05-12-2019.xls", plz don't reply me in hard VBA , abbreviations, as i told you i'm only a scavenger :)
I've found this (https://www.pixelchef.net/content/rule-autosave-attachment-outlook ) with a match to my quest, but i can't construct the full script

Back