• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

perpetual inventory

Hi all--

Any thoughts on where to get an Excel or Access template for perpetual FIFO inventory? Thanks in advance.

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence

I have a bit of experience in this area and not sure if you are still working with this problem given it's quite old? I would say develop your own solution in Excel or Access if you are proficient at it and your corporate IT policy allows Excel to be used in this way as I found inventories even for bulk commodities gets more complex than you might at first think. I was amazed a few years back when an expensive system like SAP was implemented and how limited it was for our bulk commodity business and the off the shelf product basically assumed you had a warehouse with widgets ie unique manufactured items. Very expensive modifications were bolted on to make it work.

If you are forecasting inventory levels and values that can also be an interesting modeling exercise especially if you use FIFO as the fluctuation in COGS can be so much greater and senior management don't like surprises do they.

Back