• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot charts: all parameters disappear when refreshing

momcaro

I am working with Excel 2013.
I have a table of data (actual table) and off of it, I made a bunch of pivot charts (about 10). I keep on tweaking my table, adding new columns to it to slice my data further.
After adding a couple of such columns, I went in to refresh my pivot charts and while it gives me the newly created fields in my field list (yay!) it delete all my pivot tables, leaving only my filters...
I have attached a couple of screenshots of what happens. I'm now stumped if I do not want to recreate all my charts (I don't). Please help!
Thank you. After refresh.png Before refresh.png

Your column names appear to have changed. E.g., in pic with charts, uses field "Overall team". In new pic, it's "Overall team (hard coded)".

You'll want to keep the same column (field) name.

So, in short:
1. Start with file with charts working
2. Add new columns, don't change names of columns which are used in PivotCharts
3. Refresh PTs

Thank you Luke, that makes sense... So no way to rename my columns without messing up my PT, huh? I guess I'll insert comments instead then.
Thanks again!

Good to know. I was trying to help my co-workers who will update some data in the table. Thanks for all the help!

Back