• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot tables can be copied, not created

Orfil

One of my workbooks (which falls under an NDA and can't be shared) has a mos peculiar problem: I can create an new pivot table and it works perfectly, but when I try to save the workbook, I get this message:

"Errors were detected while saving 'E:\Archive\Content\Documents\Z-space\Property Management\Graphs and Worksheets.xlsm'. Microsoft Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some features. To make the repairs in a new file, click Continue. To Cancel saving the file, click Cancel."

If I click continue and try to save the file under a new name, I get this message:

"Excel encountered errors during the save. However, Excel was able to minimally save your file to C:\Users\Trevor\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XL4386.xlsb."

Minimally is the operative word. When I open the backup file, all of my pivot tables have been turned into tables and all of the graphs have been removed.

Sounds hopeless, doesn't it? But if I copy a worksheet containing a pivot table to a new location inside the workbook, then repurpose the copied pivot table, everything saves normally!

The source of all of the data is a table 26 columns by 4455 rows. The size of the workbook is 9M. I'm running Excel 2013 x64 with no add-ins under Windows 8 Pro.

Back